What is ISO 14001:2015?
Superseding ISO 14001 : 2004, ISO 14001 :2015 is an internationally recognised standard that lays out requirements to which an organisation must adhere, to demonstrate that it’s business functions are managed within a framework committed to continually reducing it’s impacts on the environment. The framework is commonly referred to as an environmental management system. As ISO 14001:2015 is an internationally recognised standard, most environmental management systems are based on its requirements.
The standard focuses on how your organisation;
- Identifies and manages environmental specific stakeholder requirements,
- Controls important documentation and records,
- Continually identifies, manages and reduces it’s significant environmental risks & impacts,
- Complies with environmental legal obligations,
- Reviews internal processes and environmental incidents,